The Xbox Game Pass is a new feature from Microsoft that allows gamers to play a vast number of games on a monthly subscription. The average AAA title game costs about 20 dollars, so buying a monthly subscription for between 9 and 15 dollars is a pretty cheap cost for gamers. As a result, the number of Xbox game pass users is increasing day by day. A question can appear in your mind, “Can you still play games after Xbox game pass expires?” Well, the answer is “no” if you don’t pay for the next month’s subscription.
However, if you subscribe to an Xbox Game Pass for a month and then don’t pay for the next month, your Xbox Game Pass subscription will be canceled. Even if you have downloaded a game and then it is installed on your PC, you can’t still access that game. And yes, if you pay for the next month’s subscription.
Paying for a new month’s Xbox game pass subscription isn’t a tough job. You just need to login into your Xbox account and share the necessary payment method so that Microsoft can get the payment for next month. After that, you will be able to play the Xbox games at any time during that particular month.
Can you still play games after Xbox game pass expires? – Detail analysis
This particular question has two answers. One is no if you don’t resubscribe to the Xbox pass. Yes, if you resubscribe to the Xbox pass. The Xbox Game Pass is a monthly subscription like Amazon or Netflix. So you need to pay every month’s payment by the payment you choose.
However, the Xbox Game Pass needs a different amount of money to provide different game options on different types of consoles. If you have paid for the PC option, you will be charged $9 per month. If you choose the console, it will also charge you $9 per month.
But if you have chosen the Ultimate option, it will cost you $14 per month. However, if your Xbox account is new, you will get an offer from Xbox that is $1 off on every console. This special offer will last for three months. Following that, you will have to pay a different pay level depending on the console you use to play Xbox Live games.
If your provided bank account doesn’t have enough money to subscribe to after three months, your subscription will be turned off after three months. And you can’t play games with an Xbox pass again.
Even if you have different games installed on your PC or your console, you can’t access them until you change the payment method and provide a reasonable subscription fee. But if you provide a proper subscription fee for your Xbox Game Pass, you will get access back, and you can play games at any time in that particular month.
How exactly can you play games after the Xbox game pass expires?
In a single sentence, you can’t play games after the Xbox pass expires. Even if you have installed multiple games on your PC or are playing cloud gaming on your phone, you can not access them after the game pass for Xbox has expired.
To play the games, you need to renew the Xbox game pass. On the new account, you can get the Xbox game pass for only one dollar. You can play games with this single-dollar game pass for three months. If you don’t subscribe to the game pass again, you won’t be able to play games with the game pass in that account.
So if you want to play the games with an Xbox pass on your PC or Xbox, or if you’re going to play cloud gaming with your Xbox pass on your Android phone or PC, you need to resubscribe again.
To subscribe with an Xbox pass, you need to follow some steps. They are written below.
Login into Microsoft home page
As the Xbox pass is shared by Microsoft, you need to login into your Microsoft account.
To do it,
- First, go to the Xbox.com home page.
- There will be some options. Look for the “Join Now” option there.
- The “Join Now” option is usually located in the top right corner of your computer screen.
- If you get that option, click on it. It will automatically toggle you down to the Xbox plan menu.
- There will be Ultimate, PC, and console options.
- Click on an option where you want to play the games.
- Or you can choose the ultimate option where you can play games on both your PC and console with your Xbox game pass.
- There will be a “join now” option.
- Click on it.
- Then a new page will arrive that will ask for your login data.
- Provide all the data and passwords accurately.
- Then press login to continue.
Providing payment method data
- When the login process is completed, a new page will appear.
- On that page, there will be an option for the Xbox pass that you have chosen, and two different options, which are named “Cancel” and “Next.”
- Click on the next option to continue the process.
- A new page will appear that will ask for the payment option you want to choose.
- There will be a credit card, debit card, Paypal, or mobile phone option.
- Choose the option according to the way you want to pay for the Microsoft company.
- If you choose the “Debit card” option, you will need to share your bank account details on the next page.
- When you choose the “Paypal” account, you need to provide all the details about your PayPal account.
- If you choose a mobile account, you need to choose your mobile operator and then share your mobile number.
- After that, press “Next.”
- Microsoft will charge the required amount from your shared payment method.
- It will take some time. Wait until you get a confirmation message in your mail from Xbox.
- If you selected PayPal or a debit card, you will also get a confirmation message from them.
- After that, you can play games with your Xbox pass.
For more clarification watch the video below:
Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass is a new service that allows gamers to play a large variety of games for a monthly fee. The average AAA title game costs around $20, so paying between $9 and $15 per month for a subscription is a really good deal for gamers. As a result, the number of Xbox game pass subscribers is steadily growing.
If you subscribe to an Xbox Game Pass for a month and then fail to pay for the following month, your subscription will be revoked. Then you might wonder, “Can you still play games after Xbox game pass expires?” If you don’t pay for the next month’s subscription, the response is “no.”
Even if you have downloaded and installed a game on your computer, you will not be able to play it. Yes, if you pay for the following month’s subscription in advance. It’s not difficult to renew your Xbox Game Pass subscription for another month. Simply connect to your Xbox account and share the required payment method so that Microsoft receives the payment for the following month. After that, you’ll be allowed to play Xbox games whenever you want during that month.