Whether playing exclusive games on PS4 or playing deluxe Xbox One games, you need a controller to enjoy them. Both the PS4 controller and the Xbox One controller are heavily priced. So usually, people buy only one type of console. But if you have both of these two consoles and you have only the PS4 controller. So, it’s a general question for you – “How to connect ps4 controller to Xbox one?“. In that case, you need to connect the PS4 controller to an Xbox One.
For that reason, you need to know how to connect a PS4 controller to the Xbox One. Well, the process is not very hard, but it needs some extra accessories and a couple of procedures to follow. You need a CronusMax Plus adapter to connect a PS4 controller to an Xbox One.
Then you need to connect the CronusMax Plus adapter to your PC and perform some settings. Then you need to connect the adapter to the Xbox One controller to authorize it. After that, you need a Bluetooth adapter with the CronusMax adapter. After clicking some buttons for a couple of seconds, the PS4 controller is ready to use on an Xbox One.
How to connect ps4 controller to Xbox one – Deep Discussion
Setting up the output protocol of the controller
If you want to connect your PS4 controller with the Xbox one, you need to set the output protocol of the controller. To do it,
- First, search for and Load Cronus Pro in the settings.
- There you will find some setting options.
- You need to look for the tools module there.
- If you find the module, click on it.
- There will also be some modules, and you need to look for the options module.
- If you have the Options module, click on it.
- There will be four settings in the options module, and you need to click on the device settings.
- There will be an option named “protocol” in the device section.
- Click on the output protocol option.
- Select XB1 as the optional protocol.
- And thus, the controller output protocol is set for Xbox One.
Activating Bluetooth search in the controller
To connect to Xbox One, you must first enable Bluetooth searching on your PS4 controller. To do it,
- Again, go to the Tool module.
- There will be an Options module, click on it.
- Click on the Device module in the Options settings.
- There will be an option named “Enable Dualshock 4/Willmote Bluetooth Searching.”
- Check the box to enable the option.
Connecting the CronusMax Plus Adapter to the Xbox One so that you can connect the PS4 controller with it
To connect the CronusMax Plus to your Xbox One, first, you need to detach the CronusMax Plus from your computer. After that, you can attach it to the Xbox One. To do it,
- Look for the place where the USB ports of your Xbox One are placed.
- There will be a port named “Output Port”.
- Hold the CronusMax Plus Adapter in your hand.
- Put the CronusMax Plus Adapter into the output port so that it can connect with your Xbox One.
- It is recommended to use a Power Data Switch cable with your Xbox One so that you can reboot the CronusMax Adapter without any kind of hesitation.
- If there is animation like A/U starting to show on the CronusMax Plus Adapter screen, that means it is perfectly connected.
- If not, detach the CronusMax Adapter and put it into the port again.
Discarding the Xbox One controller batteries so that there won’t be any power in it
Discarding the batteries is one of the essential steps when connecting the PS4 controller to the Xbox One controller. If there are any batteries in the Xbox One controller, the authorization won’t be done perfectly.
To do it,
- Hold the Xbox One controller in your hand in an upside-down position.
- There will be a battery port on your Xbox One controller.
- In the battery port, there will be an arrow area.
- Use your finger so that you can hold the arrow area to open the battery port.
- Hold the batteries in the Xbox One controller.
- Detach them from the controller.
- Attach the Xbox one battery port again.
The following process is the connection of the Xbox One controller and the CronusMax Plus Adapter
When the batteries are removed from the Xbox One controller, you need to connect the controller to the CronuxMax Plus Adapter. To do it,
- First, hold the CronuxMax adapter in your hand.
- Hold the Xbox controller in your other hand.
- Connect both of them by attaching the port between them.
- You can use a micro USB cable to prevent any kind of fault in the connection.
- Check the adapter’s LED.
- If the LED shows no animations, it means the connection process is perfectly done.
- If it is not showing 0 in the LED of the CronuxMax Plus adapter, you need to change the Micro-USB cable and do all the processes again.
Detach the CronusMax plus adapter from the Xbox One controller
When the authorization process is complete, you need to detach the CronusMax plus adapter from your Xbox One controller. The process is very simple. To do it,
- Again, hold the CronusMax Plus adapter in one of your hands.
- Hold the Xbox One controller in your other hand.
- Disclose the port that is connected between them.
- Check on your CronusMax Plus adapter screen if the A/U animation is showing or not.
- If the animation is still showing, it means the disconnecting process has been perfectly completed.
You need to attach the Bluetooth USB adapter directly to the CronusMax plus adapter
You will need a Bluetooth USB adapter so that you can connect the PS4 controller to your Xbox One. To do it,
- First, you need to buy a Bluetooth USB adapter from your local PS4 shop.
- You can also buy the Bluetooth adapter online.
- Look for the input port in the lower area of the CronusMax Plus adapter.
- Grab the Bluetooth adapter in your hand.
- Put the Bluetooth adapter into the input port, which is located in the lower section of the CronusMax Plus adapter.
Holding specific buttons on the PS4 controller in order for it to connect to your Xbox One
To connect with Xbox One, you must press specific buttons on your PS4 controller. The buttons are the “Share” and “PS” buttons. To do the process,
- Look for the “Share” and “PS” buttons on your PS4 controller.
- If you find the buttons, use your fingers to hold the buttons for a couple of seconds.
- There will be a light bar on the PS4 controller; keep your eye on it.
- If the light bar is lit in white, you remove your finger from the buttons.
- The white lights mean the PS4 controller is trying to connect with the CronusMax Plus adapter.
- When the connection is completed, there will be a blue light in the light bar.
Your PS4 controller is ready to play on the Xbox One
When the connection between the PS4 controller and the CronusMax Plus adapter is completed, the display of the adapter will start showing a “0” animation. The meaning of the animation is that the controller is ready to play with the Xbox One.
After that, you need to turn off the Bluetooth search on the PS4 controller. To do it,
- First, go to the Device module again, which is located in the Options settings.
- Uncheck the “Enable Dualshoch4/Willmote Bluetooth Searching” option.
- Close the option module.
Frequently Asked Question
Still have some questions in mind? Check the section out.
Can you use a PS4 controller on a Xbox One?
Yes, you can use the PlayStation 4 controller on an Xbox One. But this process requires a certain device, named the CronusMax Plus adapter. You need to follow some steps to connect the PS4 controller with an Xbox One. You may also require some extra devices to connect the controller to the CronusMax plus adapter. And when the steps are perfectly done, your PS4 controller will be ready to use on an Xbox One.
Can you connect a PS4 controller to an Xbox wirelessly?
Yes, you can connect the PS4 controller to the Xbox One wirelessly. The wireless controller is called the DS4 controller. The DS4 controller can be used on an Xbox with the assistance of some accessories and the completion of a few steps. You need a special adapter named the CronusMax Plus adapter for this job. And by connecting the adapter to the DS4, it will be ready to connect with the Xbox One.
How do I connect my Playstation controller to my Xbox?
- Grab a CronusMax plus adapter.
- Connect it to the PC.
- Install the required driver.
- In the settings, go to Tool > Options > Device.
- In the device section, there will be an output protocol. Select XB1, in it.
- Click on the Enable Dualshock 4/Wiimote Bluetooth Searching box.
- Connect the adapter to your Xbox One for authentication.
- Then you need to discard the attached batteries from the Xbox One controller.
- Detach the adapter from your Xbox one and, after that, you need to attach a Bluetooth adapter to it.
- Clasp the Share+PS button for a couple of seconds.
- And the controller is ready to play games with it.
To know more about the connection between PS4 controller and Xbox one follow the video below:
Whether you’re playing PS4 exclusives or Xbox One premium games, you’ll need a controller to enjoy them. Both the PS4 and Xbox One controllers are extremely expensive. As a result, most individuals only purchase one type of console. However, if you own both of these platforms but only have the PS4 controller. You’ll need to connect the PS4 controller to an Xbox One in that case.
As a result, you must understand how to connect a PS4 controller to the Xbox One. The method isn’t particularly difficult, but it does necessitate the use of a few additional items and the execution of a few procedures. To connect a PS4 controller to an Xbox One, you’ll need a CronusMax Plus adapter. I think, now you have a clear concept about – How to connect ps4 controller to Xbox one.
One more thing, when choosing the Cronusmax Plus adapter, you must check if it works perfectly or not. If the authentication is not occurring perfectly, check if the power data switch is good or not. If it is not working, change the switch. Remove the batteries perfectly. When the light bar is lit in blue light, enjoy using your PS4 controller by playing it with an Xbox One.