New Xbox 360 users face many difficulties with playing games on it. It’s possible to play Xbox 360 games from USB. But, a lot of Xbox 360 users don’t know that they can play games without modding. For them, this writing comes with how to play Xbox 360 games from USB without modding.
Most newbies aren’t even aware of the exact downloading process of Xbox 360 games. After following the process depicted here, they can download their desired game without any trouble. This process starts with configuring the USB storage device. Then, it’s all about downloading and playing your Xbox 360 games.
However, playing Xbox 360 games is also possible using a game disc. But, it requires copying the game to the disc and it’s pretty risky. That’s why you don’t have a better alternative to the USB option.
How To Play Xbox 360 Games From USB Without Modding – Smart Way
Transferring Xbox 360 games from USB to the console is difficult, perhaps impossible. For this reason, playing Xbox 360 games from USB is recommended. Here you know how to play Xbox 360 games from USB without modding.
Step:1- Configuring the USB storage device
- To configure the USB storage device, connect the USB device with the Xbox 360 console. At the same time, turn on your Xbox 360.
- After opening the Xbox 360, visit the “My Xbox” tab to find the system setting window. Keep scrolling carefully unless you want to miss your desired setting window.
- An option with a “memory” name should draw your attention at this point. When you find it, select it from your console.
- Now, select the “USB storage device” option and configure your preferable data setting. It’ll allow you to erase the existing data on your device. By selecting the “customize” option, you can select the amount of storage for your USB device.
Step:2- Download the game
- It’s time to login into your Xbox live. To log in, you’ll be asked for credentials like the gamer tag. After entering the credentials, tap on the “sign-in” option and move on.
- The option “Game marketplace” should be your next target. Keep scrolling at the left side of the marketplace tab. You’ll find the option here. However, after finding this option, you need to find the “games to demand” option.
- Now, scroll down and select “all games on-demand” from various options. After a while, an option with “browse through 360 games” can be found. You need to select the option to download the game.
- At this point, you can select your favorite Xbox 360 game. By tapping on its download option, you can download the game. Don’t forget to select the “change storage device” option while downloading the game.
- Before finalizing the purchase, make sure that you have selected the USB device as the storage. Then, the billing process will be executed through your Xbox Live account. Once the game is downloaded, you can access it through a USB device.
Step:3- Connecting your Xbox 360 to the internet
- This step requires the highest carefulness as your whole operation can fail due to this step. To connect your Xbox 360 to the internet, you need an Ethernet cable.
- Add the one last part of the Ethernet cable with the rear side of your Xbox 360. The other end should be connected with a modem and router. Instead of a router, you can use the gateway.
- For modem users, it’s time to turn off the Xbox 360 console. Besides, unplugging the modem’s power cord is essential.
- Now, wait for several minutes before you replug the modem to the Xbox 360 console. After that, turn on your Xbox 360 console and move on.
- This step requires testing the Xbox 360 live connection. Tap on the “Network settings” and select “Wired network” carefully. Once you find the wired network option, it’s just a matter of time to find the “Test Xbox live connection” option.
- If you prefer the wireless option, you can connect your Xbox 360 in a similar way. A wireless access point along with high-speed internet is essential in this circumstance. The settings as well as testing the Xbox live connection is similar then.
Step:4- Start to play Xbox 360 games from USB
- All the previous steps were done to play Xbox 360 games from USB without modding. To start playing the Xbox game, visit the dashboard from your console.
- Now, try to access the main menu option from the Xbox 360. If the console is turned off, press on the “Xbox” button and activate your gaming console. The main menu will appear now for sure.
- You can select games to play from the dashboard. By using the navigation keys, you can select your desired “game” option.
- At this point, a menu will be opened on the display of your console. Find the “my game” option from there and select it.
- The last step is pretty simple as you need to pick your favorite game now. Hence, you can enjoy the Xbox 360 game from your USB. You didn’t perform any modding activity here so, your gaming experience will be fantastic.
Frequently Asked Question
This section deals with some related questions about playing Xbox 360 games from USB.
Can you play Xbox 360 games from USB without JTAG?
Yes, you can play Xbox 360 games from USB without JTAG. Modding your Xbox 360 isn’t essential to playing pirated games. To play Xbox 360 games from USB, install the game to a USB flash drive first. Then check if it runs properly without modding.
Can you play Xbox 360 games from a USB?
It’s possible to play Xbox 360 games from USB. The game on the USB must be an Xbox 360 approved game. Then, it’s possible to play the game from the USB instead of transferring them. The gaming process starts with plugging in the USB drive with the console.
If you have any confusion watch the video below:
Now, you have a clear idea of how to play Xbox 360 games from USB without modding. The whole process is slightly lengthy but effective for any kind of Xbox 360 game. If you go for modding, there is a chance of getting banned. Besides, you can’t enjoy all the Xbox 360 games precisely as they’re pirated games.
So, using your USB device as an Xbox 360 gaming component is the best way. If you can configure the USB device successfully, you can complete other steps. While configuring the console, never visit unknown parts as any technical malfunction may arise.
However, by logging in to your Xbox Live account, you can purchase any game. Once the payment is done, the game can be installed without any problem. To play Xbox 360 games from USB, the connection should be strong enough. After the gaming trial several times, you’ll be habituated to gaming in this way.